Everyone knows that curb appeal is important when selling your home. It’s the first impression of your home when buyers pull up or view pictures the the exterior online. Follow these tips to boost your home’s curb appeal while you get it ready for the market:
- Clean up! This seems simple and obvious, but giving the exterior a good scrub down will improve your home’s look tremendously. Clean the windows inside and out. Power wash siding, decks, porches, driveways. Trim the bushes, and of course mow the lawn.
- Add Shutters. If it makes sense for your home, adding shutters is an easy way to accentuate the size of your windows. Pick a color that will pop- it will add visual interest against a exterior wall that’s just “blah”.
- Paint accent areas. Freshen up the trim, door, and shutters instead of repainting the entire exterior.
- Replace your house numbers. Buy updated numbers that are on trend, or add numbers to a cute planter on the front porch.
- Update light fixtures. Replace old exterior light fixtures and sconces. Or freshen up your current ones by simple spray painting them.
- Be deliberate with porch furniture. You want to give the buyer a picture of the possibilities of using your outdoor areas, but keep it minimal. Adding outdoor pillows or cushions can add color and life to the furniture.
These easy curb appeal boosters are quick and budget friendly ways to help get your home ready for buyers to fall in love!